Wednesday, April 04, 2007


This week I'm helping two students with projects, one is my son, and another is my friend's daughter. And I'm feeling stressed! Add to this some seasonal allergies, headaches, etc.










My schedule just doesn't allow for much extra. I don't have a margin for error at the moment! I am reminded of the book Margin by Richard A. Swenson, M.D. The subtitle is: Restoring Emotional, Physical, Financial, and Time Reserves to Overloaded Lives.


This is Holy Week and I am trying to think about Christ's Sacrifice and Resurrection, but instead I'm thinking about all that I need to do, and the relief I will feel when this or that responsibility is tended to!



Margin gives time to be a better mother, help others, be a better friend. But most of all time to rest, meditate, pray, and abide with the Creator.

What does all this have to do with making art? The creative life and times?

For me, ultimately, creativity is part of my nature, my make up, who I am...created in the image of THE CREATOR. So apart from Him it is shallow and meaningless.

No comments: