Friday, April 13, 2007

"A Classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say." ~Italo Calvino


While I can always think of things to make: quilts, drawing, paintings, ... I do sometimes struggle to write. Usually I just start writing and eventually come to my point, go back and delete the first part and then develope my thoughts and ideas. Writing is a hard thing I want to do. It is good to do hard things!

When I read I can usually come up with ideas to write about. I came across this list of Thirty Books Every College Student Should Read This list isn't perfect, it doesn't include anything by C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, Solzenitszyn, and others I can think of. I think my children have read most of the classics in his first list, at the classical Christian school where they have gone.

I love to read book reviews and to see the top ten or top hundred books different people list as favorites.I like books about books. Here are some I like:
Invitation to the Classics, A Guide to Books You've Always Wanted to Read by Cowan and Guinness

Honey for a Woman's Heart by Gladys Hunt

Great Books of the Christian Tradition by Terry W. Glaspey

2 comments:

Annica said...

Hi Molly, There's something called Library Thing on the internet. Maybe it could be useful for you and your family.

molly jean said...

annica,
Yes, my daughter and I found Libray Thing a few weeks ago. I do like it!
I have listed over 100 books, just a drop in the bucket! And it inspired me to begin rearanging my shelves and starting boxes of books to sell and donate!