Sunday, March 11, 2007

ALTERED ART, Joy, Thankfulness, and... Snoring!

"A joyful heart is good medicine"

"A joyful heart makes a cheerful face"

"He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me"

Prov. 17:22, Prov.15:13, Ps. 50: 23


The altered art:

Don't be alarmed; Sir Whitefield, also called Bob, is a valiant and virtuous knight!

Is this wonderful? See what a 13 year old boy can do with cardboard and duct tape! (The sword is pvc pipe, foam and duct tape made by older friends. Thanks Aaron and Catie!) It is good to see my boys outside whacking each other with sticks.

I can't beleive I said that! I am just glad to see "play and imagination" that doesn't include the computer.





I am thankful for:


My children


One son grown, graduated, responsible, working, serving God


Midnight visit with my 20 year old son home from college for a few days


Time to spend with my sweet daughter discussing classes, literature, and everything else that comes to mind


Hugs from the 14-year old who said this week that he no longer thinks he is too old for hugs!


Spring rain this morning at 4:30



Trees beginning to bud and bloom all over town



I have a house full for a few days, with two college kids home for spring break. But not all are pleased with the sleeping arrangements! Isaac is very sensitive to sounds at night, and with all the spring allergies and left over sniffles from colds he says he can’t sleep in a room with people who snore.





1 comment:

JudyK said...

That's a great picture of your son! lol! ANd it IS wonderful to see "play". When my daughter was little she used an entire roll of my favorite silver tape and all my foam core to build another room in her room! How can you get angry at creativity? lol!
Our children are the future.

Judy