Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'm not sure why I'm doing this! (BLOGGING) My favorite tool is a freshly sharpened pencil. Or, maybe my favorite tool is my little hand held metal pencil sharpener. But a good sharp knife works to sharpen a pencil, that's what my daddy used to sharpen his pencils. And a knife can cut onions! (He didn't cut onions with his.) Another favorite tool is the list.


LIST OF FAVORITE SIMPLE TOOLS
pencil
paper
knife
scissors
needle and thread


LIST OF FAVORITE (most favoritest) ART SUPLIES (other than the above)
gesso
golden fluid acrylics
windsor newton watercolors
fabric, yarn, lace


What is the difference between a tool and a supply?





3 comments:

Rael said...

Hmm, a tool and a supply... Good question! Maybe tools don't themselves change as much as they are used to change the supplies... But that's just a theory. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I read that Frank Loyd Wright was never without the knife he used for sharpening pencils--a task he took up as needed, or when he was bored, or something he did when he found his company to be boring--and he was meticulous about the point. Curious obsession.

Sis

Ann Christine Dennison said...

I am so glad you are blogging!

I guess I have the same favorite tools as you, except for the knife...I use a good pencil sharpener. As for the supplies I have the same loves except I don't use Watercolours but gouache paint...my favourite being Maimeri extra fine.

I have never thought there was a difference before, maybe the tools are what we always have in our homes and the supplies we have to go out and buy.

Christine