Sunday, December 03, 2006


PAINT: shape, color, texture
preserve a moment,
evoke an emotion,
communicate a sense of time,
celebrate,
wonder,
beauty

WORDS: alphabet, ascenders and descenders, slant, spacing, font, ink, graphite, calligraphy voiced, fricatives, alliterated, rhymed
meaning, content, communicate, reason, persuade, emotion, thought

What is this need to communicate, to have communion, to find a community. It is more than a desire for an audience. It involves a desire for feed-back.

When I journal in a book I occasionally think in terms of putting it down so I can get it out of my system - the vent! But more often it is the list or the dream. Writing down the goal or defining and refining the dream. Almost daily, I journal as I read the Bible to remember and connect the ideas and concepts, to "note well" and to pray!

No comments: