Wednesday, June 17, 2009


Not forgotten

After a long absence and silence here on the blog I am going to attempt a comeback.
No time for detailed backstory or excuses!
In the past year:
We have moved to a different house after painting the interior.
We have planted the whole backyard in garden.
Made gradual but definite changes in our diet...

I am struggling to find balance, learn to accept loss, and change, and I hope, to be content but not complacent! I am easily distracted from important but difficult areas of responsibility. There can be an exhilarating and almost intoxicating high from creativity. I can postpone thinking of other things while reveling in color, pattern, paper, paint, and fibers. I can numb my painful memories and present fears with a new project idea. Arranging and rearranging art supplies is a potent procrastinator's ploy!

But, I am still creating!

4 comments:

Jonny said...

Yay! Good for you!

DollZandThingZ said...

Hi, Molly!

Glad that you are back and creating. Though we have only met on Flickr, I have thought of you often. Your garden looks so good. I hope it will inspire you to make art. Your floral art work has always been a favorite of mine.

Helen/Luvzdollz

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Great you are back!

No excuses needed sometimes life has taken over for me too and my posting in my blogs get erratic :-)

This painting is fantastic, such an inspiration!!!

Unknown said...

Molly,
What a gorgeous quilt. I just love these flowers. I am so glad that you are back. I missed you dear lady. You are the reason I started my blog.

Blessings, Karen